Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do video games change from platform to platform?

Okay, I've been playing video games since I can remember (I'm 17 now).

Obviously I've had different game systems (NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS2, GameCube, Xbox 360, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance %26amp; GBA SP.)

Even though I've own ALL of those systems I've never had any of the same games for different platforms.



I know that whether your playing Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 - the online play for Call of Duty Black Ops is the same, just different controls.

But for earlier games, say the Harry Potter series (one of my favorites - had it for GameCube) would the game play itself be a little different from other game systems? I'm just curious because multiple times that I've been searching the internet for gaming stuff, I've found stuff for Harry Potter that I've never seen before. The first Harry Potter game (Sorcerer's Stone) I own for PS1 - and looking at the back of cases I've seen for the same game, but different systems - I saw things I've never seen in the PS1 version.

If the games ARE the same, but have different controls - why does everyone create SPECIFIC game guides? Most don't include cheat codes that you can push into the controller anymore, so why make different ones?



LAST QUESTION... is it weird that I'm a girl and I play video games? I've been told that it is very weird, I've been told it's awesome. What do you think?How do video games change from platform to platform?
i have been gaming for 35 years and i know that when different games were ported to other systems years back they did either loose things or gain things depending on what that system could handle.most games,if not all that are ported now,don't usually loose any thing,they usually all have the same content.as for you being a girl and playing video games,there is nothing weird about that,especially not now a days.there are more and more girls playing video games every day,so don't let any one tell you your weird for playing them.hope this helps.have fun gaming.How do video games change from platform to platform?
I don't know about Harry Potter per say, but some old games that came out for different systems back then did have an extra level, deleted level, etc. depending on the console. Even like games being ported to Gameboy lost a few things for space, so I wouldn't doubt that somewhere along the line Harry Potter succumbed to this. Or maybe you just missed stuff. And no, it's not weird you like video games, it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment