Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who else besides me would like to see a Harry Potter MMORPG?

I've seen alot of trash talk about this idea in the past I belive it can work, %26amp; not just for kids! Imagine an MMORPG that takes place in our modern world, but on the magical side rather than the MUGGLE side. The main characters of the books could be background NPC's to world events, probably taking place AFTER the 7th book. The idea of being a wizard, fighting Vampires %26amp; werewolves, Dememntors %26amp; death eaters in an mmo world sounds like fun to me.

To be able to train at a school, maybe Hogwarts or not, %26amp; then go on to be a potioner, wand maker or even an Auror (Wizard cop). To shop in Diagonally, to have a twisted magic house, to play Quiditch on a team even!!!! The possibilities are exciting!

I'm 40, %26amp; I read Harry Potter. I've played Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild wars, city of heroes, Star Wars %26amp; Matrix Online. So I have some idea of what I'm talking about. I feel that a well done HP game would outsell all the others. I'd like to see it as pay once %26amp; then free to play, like GW.Who else besides me would like to see a Harry Potter MMORPG?
I have no problem with that, actually it's a pretty good idea. Unfortunately there are way too many MMO's out there and I am pretty sure it wouldn't get accepted by the community very well as everyone will immediately compare it to world of warcraft. If they could get J.K Rowling on board to write scripts it might take off.Who else besides me would like to see a Harry Potter MMORPG?
I'm not really sure how good it would be, but it does sound like a intresting idea. If it ever does happen, I for one will try it. I just would hope it dosen't end up like all the other movie/book based MMO's (SWG, Matrix Online) %26lt;Note: I'm not saying they were bad games, it's just they lost customers and they didn't have enough appeal to keep going strong...%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment