Saturday, February 18, 2012

How big are the houses on military bases?

My husband is in the army and we will be moving on base with him soon. I was wondering how big the houses are for a family of 3. I guess I want to know if I need to find other places of storage to store some of my sons baby things. I also would like to know what life on base is like? How hard is it to get employment at hospitals on base? What is there to do on base? This is my first time in the military and I haven't been around it ever any input would be greatly appreciated.

How big are the houses on military bases?First of all, I just HAD to say that I LOVE your name (my daughter is named Kyla). But to answer your question, it really depends on where you are stationed. Some bases have really nice, brand new, or just renovated housing and others well........ not so nice, but liveable. For a family of 3 you would be allowed a 3 bedroom house. I have lived on Ft Riley and Ft Gordon and both houses (2 bedroom) were about 1200 sq feet. Not the best condition, but like I said liveable. As for what is there to do, again, depends where you live. There is always an Army Community Service where you can get information about the local community and what there is to do. In fact if you look up the base you are going to online, you may be able to get a welcome packet that will tell you all about the area/base. If you have any questions feel free to email me.How big are the houses on military bases?Military housing will vary from base to base. With a family of three you will be allowed a two bedroom home/apt. Depending on the floor plan you may need to find more storage. The Army tries to provide everything for the soldier and family on post. On the installations you will have things such as a movie theater, bowling alley, library, commissary (grocery store) auto center, swimming pool, and shopping center just to name a few. As a military spouse you would have priority with employment, as far as gaining employment it would depend on where you are located. I wish you and your husband the best with the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment