Saturday, February 18, 2012

How much do military corporations usually make in profit?

I'm talking military hardware, not service. I heard Robert Gates said the f-35 is a 50 million fighter being sold at 100 million. I was wondering what kind of profit these guys make? I went to Wikipedia and look at all the biggest defense contractors. I noticed most of there mark cap (whole size) was at about 40-50 Billion, and there profits were at 1-5 Billion. It doesn't sound like "corrupt war profiting" military industrial complex I always read about.How much do military corporations usually make in profit?I think you need to study a little more, "Market Capitalization" is determined by auction on the stock exchanges based in large part on the expected ROI, not on an objective measurement of the actual capitalization of the firm.



I used to work for General Dynamics: Shovel leaning was a refined art we all had to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment