Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is an activity or website I can share with Kindergarten-5th grade students to encourage military support?

I want to do a fun activity with my elementary students centered around supporting our troops. The students will be composing letters, poems, or drawings (depending on age level) to be sent to military personnel serving overseas. I need an "ice breaker"; something to get them thinking in the right direction so they will be more productive and also be thinking in the right mindset. I am planning to do this next week so that the letters can arrive to the military by Armed Forces Day.What is an activity or website I can share with Kindergarten-5th grade students to encourage military support?I like your idea.

"Many kids can start off a letter with " I thank you for _______"

"It must be cool to be a soldier because _______."

The kids can make flags in different medium, make dream catchers.



http://www.soldiersangels.org/



Don't ask the parents for donations.As a parent, I get those requests too much.Just let it be from the kids.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment