Sunday, February 12, 2012

What are some good books/mangas/shows for me?

I like books about young geniuses solving cases/going on missions/acting a bit high and mighty. Kind of like the Artemis Fowls series (I've read two of the books from that series, but it got dull, and I became bored of it) I also LOVE the Harry Potter series! I really liked..."The Girl Who Owned A City" too. I'm thinking about reading Percy Jason %26amp; The Olympians series, The Game of Sunken Places, The Mysterious Benedict Society, and the Evil Genius series. Becasuse I read the summary's and it seems intersting. So, please suggest some books for me.



Alright as for mangas I LOVE Black Butler(Kuroshitsuji), En Passant, Magico,and Beauty Pop.

I also LIKE Momo, Love So Life, Fairy Tail, Naruto(I used to love it, but it became very serious and dull so again I became bored of it)..Reimei no Arcana, and Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume.

I would really like it if the manga had comedy, and no "Ecchi" type os things. I don't mind romance at all, but I don't want the whole story to revole around it. Maybe a little love here and there~ Also I refuse to read any manga that has poor Art. No matter how good it may be. All the manga's that I've mentioned has the type of art I like or don't mind. (Black Butler and En Passant are my fav manga art work, and story)



The shows that I like are Glee, Doctor Who, and the PowerPuff Girls%26lt;3 Although I don't want to watch any cartoons. I do not like jersy Shore. I also like The Big Bang Theory(but a bit to inappropriate for me sometimes) I would prefer if I could watch these shows online so if you know of a good place to watch them do tell. I already use a website called sidereel. So suggest some TV shows for me too please~



Thank YouWhat are some good books/mangas/shows for me?
I unfotunately don't read too many books except classics like Wuthering Heights and autobiographies, but one series I think you may enjoy is the "A Great and Terrible Beauty" series. It reminds me a little of the Harry Potter series. It's about a girl in the early 19th century who finds she has the ability to enter realms. There's a lot of mystery to it. Maybe you can try the Da Vinci Code series? I heard it's pretty good.



As for manga, have you read Death Note? If you don't feel like reading it all, the live action movies are good to watch. You can never go wrong with reading Chrono Crusade and Fullmetal Alchemist as well as Elemental Gelade and Tactics. They are sort of Naruto-ish, but don't drag on forever. Raiders is epic, but gorey, and Spiral is good too. I can't help but add Detective Conan because he is the youngest genius detective I know.



But what I recommend highest of all is a Korean drama series called City Hunter. It's based off the manga series and it's the most epic thing I've seen in a looong time. Right from the first episode I was completely hooked along with my friends. I think it has everything you're looking for. Check out a fanmade trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qdm5bvTf鈥?/a>

You can watch it at dramacrazy.com, viki.com, or MySoju.com



Japanese dramas have a lot of detective series. Liar Game is a manga but I watched the drama and it was awesome! Kurasagi is great too! Oh, and good places to watch shows is of course Hulu.com and I also got to surfthechannel.com.



Anyway, hope these suggestions help:)What are some good books/mangas/shows for me?
Cardcaptor Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment